Felt So Fine

Felt So Fine

Thursday, April 21, 2011

R: Ramsey-itis

Tonight Matt and I will attend our final class--graduating if you will--from the Dave Ramsey school of "How to stop being stupid and learn how to be a gajillion-zillionaire like me". We are followers of the almighty Dave. Because of his wisdom we are now RACING with gazelle-like intensity toward Financial Peace.
For 13 weeks now we've gone every Thursday night and heard Dave tell us things like:

"I've done extensive research & found that 100% of foreclosures are on houses with mortgages."
"People resist change much like a 2 year-old resists having his diaper changed. It might be stinky, but it's warm and it's all mine!"
"Broke people giving financial advice is like a shop teacher with missing fingers."
"If you want something you've never had, you'll have to do something you've never done."
"Life is hard. But life is REALLY HARD for stupid people."

See? Brilliant! I admit, in the beginning I resisted. "No!" I told Matt. "I do NOT want to have some guy tell me that I can't spend my money!" But by about halfway through class #2 I was SOLD! Now, I'm just another sheep in Dave's herd, baa-ing to the masses about his greatness and glory. I feel a little cheap but I can't stop myself! Most of my conversations these days eventually work their way round to, "Well, Dave Ramsey said..."

I apologize now if you've been the recipient of my enthusiasm. (Which is YOU if you've just read this post!)

In other "R" related news: I noticed yesterday that a prong on my wedding ring was bent! The diamond was still there, thank goodness, but I took the ring off until I can take it in to be repaired. It's driving me NUTS!!! I didn't realize how many times a day I fidgeted with it.

2 comments:

Crystal Pistol said...

jordan would die of happiness if I went to a seminar like that! Maybe I should. I could use a new money outlook.

I mess with my wedding ring constantly too. Amazing to think it's been on my finger for almost 14 years now! I should just have it soddered on. Do they do that?

Barbara said...

Hey, can I have a loan? What does Mr. Ramsey say about that?

If you aren't wearing your wedding ring are you still married?