Felt So Fine

Felt So Fine

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hospital Journal: Thanksgiving

As Thanksgiving approached I started to run through scenarios in my mind. I couldn't imagine not having all of my children together on the holiday so of course we would all be at the hospital. But it didn't seem right to take my girls away from the cousins coming into town, so of course I would let them spend the day at Grandma's house. My parents and my brother and his wife solved the dilemma though by selflessly offering to join us all at the hospital for Thanksgiving dinner.

We were able to reserve a conference room for the day and the cafeteria provided a surprisingly decent meal. Here are Spencer, Paige, and Claire playing while they wait for the food.
The table was unlike any we'd ever eaten at. Matt and Spencer and I spent the days leading up to Thanksgiving weaving construction paper place mats provided by Child Life; Paige brought her wooden turkey with lollipops for the tail, to use as a center piece; I snuck three flat sheets from the linen cart for tablecloths; and the styrofoam to-go boxes completed the look. But a happier, more thankful family would be hard to find!



6 comments:

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

You were all together and that was the most important thing but it does look like you all had a good time anyway

stephen Hayes said...

Looks like a perfect Thanksgiving to me.

Shelly said...

That one will be a Thankgiving never to be forgotten. This Thanksgiving will be so uniquely beautiful, with Spencer doing so well.

Gotta love family!

momto8 said...

how thoughtful of them to join you in the hospital...
looks great!

Crystal Pistol said...

I adore that last pic with Spencer grinning into the camera. It was a happy day for him despite the difficulties. Kids are amazing. So much love and faith.

Haley L said...

There was no place on earth we would have rather been.