Felt So Fine

Felt So Fine

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Birthday Girl

Happy Birthday to our little Claire Bear!! She turned three on Sunday and we just love her so much! Having five children means that every time we've had a birthday party for a 3 year old, there was another little baby in my arms or on the way. At those moments I have said, "See? This is why I keep having babies. So that I can always have a three year old in the house!" I just love three. It's such a fun age to experience with my children. But alas, there comes a time in life when a person, (translation: Matt) just has to say, "Enough is enough!" Which means we've just had our last 3rd birthday party. It isn't sad. It's just one more milestone. But it's true that you learn to appreciate the little moments more and more. So this birthday was especially fun for me. And I think that Claire enjoyed it too!
I asked her what kind of cake she wanted.... "Pink!"
Opening presents with plenty of encouragement from siblings.
A thank you hug to Corinne for the stickers.


Blowing out her candles!

Sporting her new pink sunglasses and piggy from Aunt Barbara.
And here she is the next day with her new sand table. I know. You're probably tempted to point out the fact that our whole backyard is a sandbox. But that dirt is off limits. Grass is on the way! (Maybe the power of positive thinking will make it come true.)

4 comments:

Crystal Pistol said...

Aw. Claire is a little doll baby! I loved your birthday video. It was good to see you and hear your voice.

I actually do get a bit sad about each birthday my youngest has. It's healthier to view it your way.

Barbara said...

Love you Claire!!!

Annie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Claire! We can't wait to see you guys! Only a few more days!!

Haley L said...

I finally got caught up on your blog!! Such a great start to your summer. I seriously hope my kids don't see the playhouse pics. They will be so jealous. What memories they are making!!! Looks like Clair had a great day. Miss you all tons!