Felt So Fine

Felt So Fine

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A good dad

Corinne turned 13 last week.  (Happy Birthday, my Rinnie!!) Thirteen! That means we now have TWO teenage girls in the house.  Matt feels like he's been thrown into alien territory with no methods of defense. When emotions are running high I step in and offer counsel: "Matt, just follow my lead. And if you don't know how to make it better, then PLEASE, for the love of all that is good, PLEASE don't make it worse!" His poor engineering brain just can't compute. "What is this emotion thing of which you speak?"

Growing up among brothers he only had to deal with girls in small doses and usually when they were putting their best selves forward. Now, as a father of four daughters he is receiving quite an education. But I think he's doing a great job and once in a while his girls agree. :) 

Here is something that I found on the counter Sunday night. Paige wrote it and you can see that she didn't forget to include a bibliography showing where she got her information.
It says:
Matthew John Felt is the best dad ever. He will jump on the tramp with you, wrestle with you, watch movies with you and so much more! He works at Space Dinamics. He has brown eyes and black hair. 

I had been to a meeting that evening and this is what I came home to. Movie night on the trampoline! I assume that this is what inspired the note.  What a great dad!

4 comments:

Beth said...

I always feel so uplifted after I read a post from you! Beautiful story and a lovely family.

Blessings for you all!

Shelly said...

My heart melted at that note! He is such a good dad, and you gave him very good advice. In fact, it's the same advice I've given to my husband with our daughters.

Happy birthday to your beautiful new teenager!

stephen Hayes said...

It's been years since I received a note like that from our son (now 33). I hope Matt treasures it, and I bet he does.

Patrycja (photoopassion) said...

Hello! Very nice blog and interesting posts, great atmosphere.
  Have a nice day. :)
Welcome to our blog about photography. +
I hope you also enjoy it with us.

Greetings!

"Do what you love is not even that, but anyway"