Felt So Fine

Felt So Fine

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Father and His Son

In May, Matt and Spencer joined all the other XY chromosomes from our ward for the much anticipated Fathers & Sons Campout. This one was extra special for obvious reasons. The previous one was held last September--exactly one week before we took Spencer to the hospital. Being able to go again, together, was just another milestone marking Spencer's miraculous recovery. Plus, they both just REALLY love this activity! 

Here is Spencer, waiting in the truck, all ready with his pocket knife. Those boots were bought in October and used in the hospital to prevent foot drop. I like this use MUCH better! 

Working on his aim with his slingshot.

This might very well be the greatest picture ever taken. 
Look at those little boys! Pure joy, right there.

Wait, I take that back. 
THIS might very well be the greatest picture ever taken!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I smiled all the way through this. What contagious, pure fun. And people who don't believe in miracles need only take a look at this post.

stephen Hayes said...

I enlarged that last picture so I could stare at it and well-up appropriately. Such a wonderful picture. And I think it says a lot about you, Mom, that you didn't throw up obstacles to your men going on this outing considering all that has occurred. Some wives and mothers might have.

momto8 said...

I have been unable to comment on this lovely post...hopefully now!! because I love the smiles and the bonds that mean so much from the trials they faced...