Felt So Fine

Felt So Fine

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

I really do love Mother's Day. I tell Matt that I don't want anything, and I mean it. But he knows better. He knows that what I really want is chance after shameless chance to milk this day for all it's worth.

"A spinach omelet and orange rolls please. Oh, and make them into cute mini-rolls because it's Mother's Day."
"Don't look at me like that, it's Mother's Day!"
"Don't be silly. Of course I can help with the dishes...." (Never heard his response I was already two rooms away with my feet up.)


The best part of the day though, is the assortment of gifts presented by my loving children. All five of them home-made something this year and they were so excited to give them to me. It was a deep kind of joy that I felt in that moment.

However, my day went from this:
To this:
Those are staples you can see in Claire's scalp. The little munchkin fell off a stool and hit her head on the corner of the tile foot rest. It happened while we were at church and she and Nicole were home being sick. Poor Nicole had never experienced the blood loss of a head wound before. She did great though and after we got home I made a quick trip to Instacare, and then home again to find dinner waiting for us. Not a bad day, actually!

Neither the fall nor the staples have slowed Claire down AT ALL. Yesterday, just for fun, I tried to catch on film all the times that Claire changed clothes. I didn't even get half!!

Here she is ready to "kill the bad guys".
The shirt is on backwards, but at least it matches the pants.
One of the three dresses she wore yesterday, paired with her favorite slippers.
I have no idea what she is here. But wouldn't it be fun if as adults we could dress like this and get away with it? I really think it would make my grocery shopping much less of a chore!

1 comment:

Crystal Pistol said...

She is a doll! I'm sad about the staples. :( but she has amazing fashion sense! Really. :)