Felt So Fine

Felt So Fine

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Where's the Beef?

Matt shot an elk 2 weeks ago, so last Saturday we spent the day butchering it. It was like CSI: Wellsville in our kitchen. The girls all fought over who got to run the meat grinder, but Spencer wanted nothing to do with it! I wish I had gotten a picture when they were all working hard but it was so crazy I didn't even think to grab the camera. This is later when interest had waned and Nicole was the only one sticking it out with us. It was a long day but now, 75 pounds later, our freezer is full again!

4 comments:

Haley L said...

You sure you trust Nicole around a meat grinder? Ha!!! You are so domestic, you're scaring me. Wheat grinder, elk your hubby shot . . what's next? Better start sewing all the kids' clothes. :)

Anneke said...

Seriously, that's disgusting. But thanks for sharing. You are for sure a better woman than I am!

Paul and Jill said...

I'm just glad I never had to see a piece of meat until it was packaged and frozen. I don't know how you do it. Paul's just lucky to be able to go hunting!
-Jill

Barbara said...

Several years ago I bought a t-shirt with a pioneer woman with a gun holding her kill. The caption said something like "Utah Women are Tough". I wonder what makes me think of that right now???