Felt So Fine

Felt So Fine

Friday, February 18, 2011

Spelling Bee

Nervous...N-E-R-V-O-U-S...Nervous. Yes, that is how I felt watching Corinne approach the microphone in the first round of the Wellsville Elementary Spelling Bee. But it was unnecessary because my cool-as-a-cucumber girl rattled off h-e-s-i-t-a-t-e with no hesitation! Then she proceeded to spell her way through five rounds until in round six they found her achilles heel with c-o-e-r-c-e. Darn that "coerce" and it's crazy "s" sound! I am so proud of her. She did so great and didn't seem nervous at all. AND she finished 3rd place!! She got a bronze medal and a certificate and I've granted her the title of my "queen spelling bee" forever!

Here is a sampling of round 5 as she spells "whistle". The 3 kids on the right are all that are left in the competition besides her.

Big smile for a job well done! We L-O-V-E you, Rinnie!

2 comments:

Haley L said...

Way to go, Corinne!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so impressed. That grin on her face is priceless. Love that girl. :)

Crystal Pistol said...

I hezitate in righting that lil Corrine can spell better than I can! :) Congrats!